Our guests always ask for restaurant recommendations since there are so many to choose from in the area. Here are our favorites with links to the restaurant websites and menus. We also have a book of restaurant menus in each guest room that includes many others for you to enjoy.
We recommend reservations for dinner on Friday and Saturday nights and are happy to make them for you.
FINE DINING (Reservations Required)
- August E’s – A mixture of elegant Texas Hill Country with sophisticated European and Asian touches. Open for dinner Tuesday through Saturday at 5:00 pm. Phone: 830-997-1585
- Cabernet Grill – Upscale Texas Hill Country cuisine. Large list of Texas wines and craft cocktails. Dinner served Tuesday to Saturday 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm. Phone: 830-990-5734
- Stout’s Trattoria at Grape Creek Vineyards – Enjoy views of the vineyards and delicious food along with Grape Creek wines. Reservations required. Friday and Saturday 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm. Phone: 830-644-1010.
- Vaudeville “V” Supper Club – Set in the European styled courtyard or in the elegant dining room you will enjoy multi-course tasting menus featuring rich cultural flavors and vibrant local ingredients. Prix Fixe with paired wine selections available. Menus change frequently. Open for dinner on Friday and Saturday 6:00 pm to 9:30pm, Monday 6:30 to 9:30. Advance reservations required (you can make them online) Phone: 830-992-8234
DINING (Reservations Recommended for Friday/Saturday nights)
- Crossroads Saloon & Steakhouse – Great steaks and seafood with a full bar and showroom that features live bands on the weekends. Open Wednesday to Sunday 5:00 pm-closing, Reservations recommended. Phone 830-992-3288
- Der Lindenbaum – Our favorite for traditional German food. The restaurant is located in a beautiful historic limestone building built by the German pioneers who founded Fredericksburg over a century ago, the atmosphere is cozy, comfortable, and friendly. Open Wednesday to Monday 11:00 am to 10:00 pm. Does not accept reservations or MasterCard/Visa. Phone: 830-997-9126
- Hilltop Cafe – Perched on a hill 10 miles north of Fredericksburg, specializing in Cajun and Greek specialties. Live blues, jazz, and boogie-woogie at the piano on Friday and Saturday nights. Open for lunch Tuesday to Sunday 11:00 am to 2:00 pm, dinner Tuesday to Thursday and Sunday 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm, Friday and Saturday 5:00 pm to 10:00 pm. Reservations recommended. Phone: 830-997-8922
- Navajo Grill – Refined Southern cuisine made from locally sourced ingredients. Daily dinner specials. Open daily. Patio Bar opens at 4:00 pm, main dining room opens at 5:00 pm. Phone: 830-990-8289
- Otto’s – Bistro style dining featuring creative European-German-inspired cuisine using locally sourced produce and meats. Menus change seasonally. Fine wines, artisan cocktails and craft beers. Open for dinner 4:00 pm to 10:00 pm. Phone: 830-307-3336
- Silver Creek – Texclectic and German cuisine. Live music, outdoor dining, full bar with large beer selection. Lunch and dinner served daily except Wednesday. Does not accept reservations. Phone: 830-990-4949
- Clear River Pecan Company – Best Ice Cream in town, also features a bakery, homemade soups, and sandwiches on fresh baked bread with high quality ingredients. Great place to pick up to go sandwiches for a picnic. Open daily 7:30 am-7:00 pm. Phone: 830-997-8490
- Emma + Ollie – Rebecca Rather’s new restaurant offering farm to table comfort food and of course her famous pastries and baked goodies. Open Wednesday to Saturday 7:30 am to 3:00 pm, Sunday 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. Phone: 830-383-1013
- Farm Haus Bistro – Located at the Fredericksburg Herb Farm you will enjoy views of the gardens from the dining room. The menu features fresh, seasonal ingredients. Open for lunch Monday to Sunday 9:00 am to 2:00 pm. Open for dinner Friday and Saturday 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm. Phone: 844-596-2302
- Jennie’s Smoked Burgers and Tornado Fries – smoked brisket burgers, black angus sirloin hot dogs, and awesome tornado fries. Also DIY ice cream floats, wine and beer. Open daily 11:00 am to 8:00 pm, closed Tuesday. Phone: 830-990-4000
- Hye Market – located in the historic Hye Post Office. You’ll find a selection of hand craft beers, Texas-only wines and locally sourced produce and meats. Serving great sandwiches, salads and more. Open for lunch Tuesday to Sunday at 11:00 am. Phone: 830-868-2300
- La Bergerie – an artisanal market specializing in fine wine, cheese and charcuterie, fresh baked bread and more. Great for stocking up on snacks or supplies for a picnic. Open Monday to Saturday 11:00 am to 7:00 pm, Sunday Noon to 7:00 pm. Phone: 830-992-3036
- Opa’s Smoked Meats – Pick up lunch to go at Opa’s. They offer smoked meats, sandwiches or salads plus a great assortment of pickles, condiments and sides. We love their spicy deviled eggs! Open Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 5:30 pm, Saturday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. Phone: 830- 997-3358
- Tubby’s Ice House – Enjoy casual food on the covered patio. Great chips and queso, creative tacos and tasty vegetarian fare. Unique selection of wine, beer, Agua Fresca and Paletas!! Open daily at 11:00 am. Phone: 830-307-3026
- Vaudeville Bistro – A French style bistro located on the basement level. Featuring fresh, locally sourced ingredients. Great salads and the French Dip sandwich is a local favorite. Also the perfect spot for an afternoon break with a Latte and pastry. Open daily 10:00 am to 4:00 pm. Also open Friday and Saturday night for bistro-style dining, 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm. Phone: 830-992-3234
- Woerner Warehouse – Enjoy lunch in the iconic Woerner Feed Store which has been renovated and is now filled with antiques. All the menu items feature fresh, local ingredients, choose from salads, soups, pizzas and paninis. Gluten free breads and vegetarian options are always available! Open Monday to Saturday 10:00 am to 3:00 pm. Phone: 830-997-2246